Because I can.
Here’s some random trivia: The Rock and Roman Reigns actually are cousins in real life.
Now let’s kick off this inaugural blog post with a RAW 7/18 and Summerslam recaps:
- As I’m sure most of you have heard by now, Brock Lesnar DESTROYED John Cena at Summerslam and won the WWE World Championship. He appeared Monday with the new unified championship belt on RAW the following night. I couldn’t find pics from that online so you get his post-Summerslam pose:
- Cena, who is known for his stamina stood no chance against The Beast Incarnate. The match permanently shifted in Lesnar’s favor 30 seconds into a match that also ended up being an incredible display of Lesnar’s strength. Some might have called the 16 German Suplexes he did in that ONE MATCH was overkill but DAMN, he looked impressive all the same. This marks the second time this year Lesnar destroyed a legendary WWE Superstar, the first being of course when he broke The Undertaker’s Streak at Wrestlemania. ‘Taker took such a pounding, he collapsed shortly after going backstage.
- Since I’m talking about Lesnar: According to The Bleacher Report, a source close to Lesnar reportedly said last week Lesnar is healthy enough to return to UFC. I’d be worried about this if I was Vince McMahon and Triple H. WWE invested alot of money just to get him a part-tine contract. It would be a slap in the face if he decides to take the title back to UFC with him. This was the concern Vince had when The Rock won the title last year and Batista bacame the #1 contender this year. Both are accomplished movie stars but unlike Lesnar, they wouldn’t go out of their way to burn their bridges with the WWE. Also unlike Lesnar, they have a steady income thanks to their movie careers.
- Mark Henry and The Big Show teamed up to take on Luke and Rowan of The Wyatt Family on RAW. While not the first time the largest powerhouses on the roster have teamed up, they looked great in their match.
- Speaking of Mark Henry:
- A little while after his match with The Big Show and The Wyatts, Rusev and Lana came out to gloat Rusev’s victory over Jack Swagger in their Flagpole match at Sumerslam the night before. The interesting thing about the match itself was Swagger didn’t submit while he was in Rusev’s signature submission hold (A variation of the Camel Clutch). Instead, the match was called when he passed out while in the hold. Fast forward to RAW: Mid-Celebration, Mark Henry came out to crash the party and give Rusev “A Personal Guided Tour of the Hall of Pain”. I can only hope this is the beginning of a new feud between Henry and Rusev. It would be a great challenge for Rusev and someone Henry can make look good in the ring.
…That’s all I got for now.
Actually wait, one more thing. As most of you are aware, WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley is a regular on Facebook. While no longer officially working for the WWE, he gives alot of great insight into what goes on behind the scenes.
Sometime this weekend, I will make a page explaining the difference between WWE on TV and WWE in real life.