The card for Wrestlemania 31 looks to be one worth watching

…And my friend Aurabolt subscribed to WWE Network just for that purpose =D

Of course, we will watch together and have a nice little Wrestlemania Party. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen a WWE PPV event worth seeing all of. Wrestlemania is to the WWE what the Super Bowl is to the NFL.

…Only difference is there’s no halftime show XD

This year, there are 8 matches on the card. Four titles–WWE Championship, U.S. Championship, Intercontinental Championship and the Tag Team Championship–are on the line. In addition, there’s also the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royale. Let’s take one more look at what’s to come:


The Main Event for the WWE Championship.

Thanks to how Paul Heyman’s been doing the promos, this match is a must-see. Now that we know Brock Lesnar’s not going anywhere, it’ss just a question of weather or not he is still Champion after the match is over.

Not gonna lie, this is probably the match everyone is looking forward to the most. The Undertaker hasn’t been heard from since his legendary Wrestlemania streak was broken by Brock Lesnar last year.

Having just turned 50 a few days ago, the question of the minds of many is will the Deadman be ready for Wrestlemania. Then this picture surfaced on Friday:

It’s The Undertaker posing with a fan at the airport looking like his old self (pun intended!). In case you’re wondering, yes he dyed his hair to look 15 years younger. It’s more of a question as to weather he can hold up for a 20 to 40 minute match or not.

We’ll find out tomorrow ^_^

The Second Annual Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royale is on. Here is a partial list of competators according to

  • The Miz* 
  • Curtis Axel
  • Ryback
  • Fandango
  • Adam Rose
  • Zack Ryder
  • Jack Swagger*
  • Titus O’Neil
  • Darren Young
  • Big Show*
  • Kane*
  • Erick Rowan 
  • Damien Mizdow 
  • Sin Cara 
  • Goldust
  • Heath Slater
  • Mark Henry*
  • Konnor
  • Viktor 
  • Hideo Itami

Ceasaro, who won last year is competing in another match on the card. The promos for the match have mainly focused on the folks I bolded above. While I predict one of the bolded people to win, you can be sure it will not end quickly. After all, the five people I put a * next to are former WWE Champions…

AJ Lee and Paige are teaming up to take on The Bella Twins. Originally, Nikki was booked to defend the Divas Championship against AJ Lee or Paige. The match was changed to a Tag Team match after the events of this week’s RAW and Smackdown.

Who can forget AJ Lee randomly dropping the Divas Title to then-rookie Diva Paige the RAW after Wrestlemania 30? According to some online sources and as suggested by the E! show Totally Divas, one of the Bellas is going to take a leave of absence from the ring to have a baby. We know Brie married Daniel Bryan and Nikki is dating John Cena (the latter not currently written into the WWE script).

We also know from an episode of Total Divas that aired last year Cena straight up told Nikki he doesn’t want to get married again and he doesn’t want kids. Having recently finalized a messy divorce in the aftermath of an affair by Cena (which WWE swept under the rug) it’s no surprise. This is why I’m betting it will be Brie who gets pregnant. When you take into consideration Nikki is the current Divas Champion and not Brie, it makes sense.

Folks have been talking about what looks like a serious effort in recent months to make the Divas division more than just eye candy. No more 5-minute matches like last year. AJ Lee, Paige and The Bella Twins are the top talent in the Divas division though Beth Phoenix (wife of Jason Kidd) and Naomi (wife of Jey Uso) have had a rivalry going on for months now. They’ve really helped build up the promo for the Fatal Way Tag Team Match at Wrestlemania as well.


The Fatal Four-Way Match for the Tag Team titles will kick off Wrestlemania. Cesaro and Jason Kid defend the tag team titles against The Usos, Los Matadores and The New Day’s Big E and Kofi Kingston.

It’s a fight to the finish. There’s a 25% chance the current champions will retain but there is a 75% chance new champions will be crowned. Of the four, only The New Day has yet to win the titles.

The promos for this match started right after Fastlane: First, Dean Ambrose stole the IC title from Bad News Barrett. Then R-Truth stole it while BNB and Ambrose were the middle of a match on Smackdown. It seemed like it would just be a Triple Threat match between Truth, Ambrose and BNB but then Luke Harper and Stardust got in on the title-stealing hijinks. Fans would be in an uproar if Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler didn’t make it on the card so…yeah.

Since they needed to keep things interesting, it was made a ladder match for the Intercontinental Title. Of course, this is neither the first time there’s been a ladder match at Wrestlemania OR the first time there’s been a Ladder Match for the IC title at The Show of Shows. The odds certainly aren’t in BNB’s favor. Based on that, I predict either Daniel Bryan or Dean Ambrose to win the IC title if BNB doesn’t retain. I’d be surprised if it was anyone else.

The promos for this match have been amazing.

As I mentioned earlier this month, this might be the match in which Cena FINALLY turns heel. The buildup for a heel turn has been there. While I’m assuming Cena will win this time, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Rusev retained either.

While not the dream match fans have wanted for almost 20 years now, it’s Sting at Wrestlemania. The dream match is of course Sting vs. The Undertaker.

Unfortunately, it looks like this may be a one-time thing according to Sting himself. The WCW equivalent of The Undertaker reportedly said during an interview Thursday he has no plans on doing another match after his bout with Triple H. One can only hope he will make an exception for The Undertaker. It’s really the only dream match left that may actually still be possible.

That all depends on how Sting does in his upcoming Wrestlemania match against Triple H. As folks know, Triple H is a businessman now and will only get in the ring to either put someone over (Daniel Bryan, Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins) or if it suits an upcoming PPV Event. At least that’s what he said. The Director of Talent Relations and heir to the WWE is also the owner of NXT so…yeah. He’s got his hands full XD

Sweet, wonderful vengeance I am personally looking forward to this match.

Once called The Future of the WWE himself, Randy Orton will take on the current Future and current Money in the Bank holder Seth Rollins. This match was a long time coming as Kayfabe, Orton was out for 4 months because of Rollins. In reality, he was just taking some much needed time off.

The way their feud has been built rivals only Lesnar and Reigns’ match. Both have a chip on their shoulder and both are going in looking to make a statement. This match promises to be an exhibition in brutality.


The cheapest way to watch Wrestlemania 31 unless you’ll be there in person is via the WWE Network. Why pay $60 when you can see it for $10? That was how I convinced Aurabolt to subscribe just for Wrestlemania 31. I will provide the full results immediately following the final match Sunday night as well.

The card for Wrestlemania 31 looks to be one worth watching

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.