The Show of Shows is less than four weeks away and there’s been some pretty great buildups for the most part.
Here are the confirmed matches so far:
- Brock Lesnar vs. Universal Champion Goldberg (Title Match): I doubt even WWE could have imagined 6 months ago this would be happening. A title being on the line just made this more interesting. Goldberg going in as the Universal Champion was likely set two weeks before Fastlane. That said, the title changing hands was long overdue. That said, this is going to be one hell of a match and the pressure is on to make it last more than a few minutes. The winner doesn’t matter as long as the match lasts longer than Goldberg’s last two matches did.
- Kevin Owens vs. U.S. Champion Chris Jericho (Title Match): I’m glad KO finally dropped the belt and Jericho as not much was being done with him. He never defended the title cleanly (expected since he’s a Heel) but when Triple H stepped in last month, you knew change was (finally) coming. This match makes no sense but given the Universal Championship is now out of KO’s reach, he’ll have to wait for his opportunity to get it again.
- Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks vs. RAW Women’s Champion Bayley (Title Match): I get the feeling this will becoming a fatal four-way including Nia Jaxx before long. It would only make sense.
- The Big Show vs. ????: The original plan was for the The Big Show to fight Shaquille O’Neal at Wrestlemania but according to Shaq, the match might not happen after all and it’s “out of his hands”. That usually means the problem is on WWE’s end. My guess is WWE probably wants The Big Show to put someone over at Wrestlemania. Either that or The Big Show might not be able to carry a full match at Wrestlemania.
- Seth Rollins vs. Triple H: This is one of those feuds in which the line between Kayfabe and Reality is blurred. This match has been built since Triple H handed KO the Universal Championship 8 months ago. We won’t even known if Rollins will be healthy enough to compete at Wrestlemania until then. That’s how touch and go it is with him right now. It’s good to see they’re using the same strategy they used when Wade Barrett was recovering from a shoulder injury a few years ago and keeping Rollins visible.
- Roman Reigns vs. The Undertaker (23-1): We knew it was a done deal a few weeks ago. The match is now being built as of this week’s episode of RAW. This is a good opportunity for Reigns to Heel turn for the first time since The Shield break up, which I think this match is being built for.
- Andre the Giant Battle Royale: We know it’s happening. That’s basically it so far. Smackdown’s Baron Corbin won the match last year.
- Randy Orton vs. WWE Champion Bray Wyatt (Title Match): One of the three confirmed matches so far from Smackdown. Orton suddenly allying with Bray Wyatt after feuding with him was definitely strange. As everyone thought, it was all part of a bigger plan to book the two in a match for Wrestlemania only this time, it’s for the WWE Championship. Should Orton win the title, he will pass Triple H (also 12 title reigns) and be 3 wins behind Ric Flair and John Cena (tied at 16).
- Smackdown Women’s Champion Alexia Bliss vs. All (Title Match): Shane and D-Bry announced on the latest episode of Smackdown The Wicked Witch will face “All available Female Superstars from Smackdown”. The only person who won’t be there is Naomi, who was forced to give up the title due to injury two weeks ago.
- Baron Corbin vs. Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose (Title Match): What happens when The Unstoppable Force meets The Unmovable Object? You get one hell of a match that’s what.
…Those are the confirmed matches so far. We could see Cena and Nikki team up to face The Miz and Maryse at Wrestlemania. I think that could be a real good match if it happens. I also think we will see AJ Styles make it to Wrestlemania. We’ll know in the next two weeks who his opponent will be.