RAW GM Kurt Angle announced on this week’s episode of RAW what 6 of the matches will be at Survivor Series:
- RAW Tag Team Champions Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose vs. Smackdown Tag Team Champions The Usos
- RAW Womens’ Champion Alexia Bliss vs. Smackdown Womens’ Champion Natalya
- Intercontinental Champion The Miz vs. United States Champion Baron Corbin
- Universal Champion Brock Lesnar vs. WWE Champion Jinder Mahal
- Womens’ Team RAW vs. Womens’ Team Smackdown Survivor Series Match
- Mens’ Team RAW vs. Mens’ Team Smackdown Survivor Series Match
…What’s crazy: There WILL be more matches added to the card. It’s unlikely any of the titles will change hands leading up to or at Survivor Series with one possible exception: It IS worth keeping in mind Carmella still has her Money in the Bank Briefcase. Could we see her cash in during Survivor Series? Imagine Carmella cashing in on Alexa and not Natalya!
Survivor Series will likely be as long as Wrestlemania or Survivor Series is what I’m saying. I see at least 4 more matches being added to the card.
Anyway, these are the likely the additional matches I think we could see:
- Kane vs. Braun Strowman vs. “The Demon King” Finn Balor vs. “Sister Abigail” Bray Wyatt Fatal 4-Way: Let’s be honest, this is likely what is being set up between TLC and this week’s RAW. More so given Kane is only booked to be back “For a short time”. Balor and Wyatt have unfinished business with each other while Strowman will obviously be seeking revenge against Kane.
- Jason Jordan and Apollo Crews vs. Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin: Let’s be honest, this HAS to happen. Gable and Jordan were partners as American Alpha on Smackdown so…yeah. It would be a missed opportunity to not do this match at Survivor Series.
- Roman Reigns vs. AJ Styles: It could see this match being built with a mini reunion of AJ Styles with Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson opposite The Shield in their corners.
- RAW General Manager Kurt Angle vs. Smackdown Commissioner Shane McMahon in a No Holds Barred Falls Count Anywhere Match: At TLC, Kurt Angle showed he’s still got it. Shane being back two weeks after Hell in a Cell seems to prove he REALLY is indestructable. It is worth remembering IF this match happens…well, let’s just say they have a history in the ring. After Shane led a dozen Smackdown Superstars in an invasion of RAW this week, I will be shocked if this match doesn’t happen.
Those matches took into account the 20 Superstars who probably will be involved in the Mens and Womens 5 on 5 Survivor Series matches. Of course, that can change.
AJ Styles’ RAW appearance was a nice surprise but as I mentioned before, it turns out he wasn’t the only Smackdown Superstar who made the trip back in time for this week’s episode of RAW. THAT is how you hype cross-brand Pay Per Views. Team Blue laid waste to everything in their path backstage though aside from Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins (both 2-time WWE Champions), the top tier talent were “spared”.
The brand invasion promo hasn’t been seen since Brock Lesnar and Randy Orton did last year to build their match at Battleground. I look forward to seeing how Kurt Angle responds Tuesday night on Smackdown!